Once you do the above exercise, you can:
- Start practicing by saying, “I will get back to you about that” while looking into your eyes in the mirror.
- This is so helpful because even though it feels weird at first, it becomes a natural response.
- And saying it to yourself will help you feel more empowered when you say it to others.
- Now that you’ve practiced the above phrase, start saying it to everyone about everything that is asked of you.
- “Mom, can I have a snack?” asks your child. “I will get back to you about that” you say.
Use these tools often, even if you know it’s a yes! This will help you to start to pause before you move ahead.
You were taught poor boundaries. You may be a hard ass at work, but let your family walk all over you.
If you experienced a lot of chaos as a child (not knowing what would happen next or being shuffled around a lot) you weren’t taught healthy boundaries.
This is a life skill that will help you in every relationship, including your relationship with yourself!
© 2022 Melissa Feick
Spiritual Expansion Academy™